11.09.2008

My days are numbered...in Atlanta

Without further adieu, here it is: I'm moving to California.

I decided to take their offer and will begin working for the Desert Dispatch on Dec. 1. It took a lot of thinking and weighing to come to this decision and all I can say for now is that I'm determined to make it the right decision. Am I happy with the choice? Well let's just say I'm cautiously allowing my excitement to grow...

There's a lot to do now. I need to find an apartment in Barstow, figure out the logistics of moving, and then execute another cross country roadtrip with my dad (this one will be No. 3). I'm not sure when I'm leaving Atlanta yet, but I'll update once it's figured out.

We're having a 1413 roommate dinner tonight. It feels like goodbyes are already starting to creep in...a last this and a last that. A sobering thought that tempers the excitement.

5 comments:

enoch said...

awww... sad, yet exciting at the same time. i like the persistence in making this the right decision. a new adventure begins =)

Jane said...

new beginnings await! so exciting that you've decided where you'll be. i know you'll make the most of everything socal has to offer. as always, you're more than welcome to swing by (although this time it'll be a bit out of the way).

p.s. did you take the blizzard in n.d. as a sign of some sorts? hehe.

Eunice said...

@ enoch: This will def be an adventure. It seems strange and almost comical...moving out into the desert to become a writer, no?

@ jane: Thanks for the generous offer, but I don't think we'll be able to visit Boulder (I wish!!).

Yeah, the blizzard impacted my decision somewhat. I think it would have made a difficult experience even harder. I think I'm pretty affected by weather and ND winters are no joke.

I didn't mention this before and don't know if I'd take it as a sign, but while I was in California, driving back from Barstow to LA at night, I saw a falling star.

heej said...

what did the fortune say~!?!?!?! listen to your friends!!!
STAY!!

man... ='( ='( ='(

Eunice said...

@ heej: T_T