10.28.2008

California

California made me a job offer today. I was in my car driving to Chastain park when my phone ring-a-linged and I saw an unrecognized number pop up. I knew it. I let it go to voice mail because I always screen job related calls - plus driving and trying to hold that conversation probably would have resulted in very bad driving.

I'm flying to Los Angeles this Sunday and am planning on spending most of Monday in Barstow. I feel like I need to check out the place and see if I could survive life in the Mojave Desert.

Next week is gonna be a big week! Sunday to Tuesday in L.A., back to Atlanta on Tuesday = Nov. 4th = Election Day = The Day America Redeems Itself, and Wednesday to Friday in Jamestown, North Dakota. I'm already leaning towards California, but I think I need to be open minded. Ahhh I'm excited!!!

5 comments:

enoch said...

yeayah!! go euni!! although we'll definitely miss you wherever you go =(

hj said...

How exciting! Before you make your final decision, ever thought about going to work at a fashion magazine, say Runway? =P

heej said...

yay for rattlesnakes!!! you sure you don't wanna stay killing roaches in sweet atlanta? i feel like rattlesnakes are more dangerous ;)

Jane said...

dude, congratulations! you're only 200 miles from Las Vegas! and you're not too far from LA either.

heej: you can always club a rattlesnake to death (i only say this because a family friend once golf-clubbed a snake to death) but roaches somehow always survive and come back in droves. yuck yuck yuck.

Eunice said...

@ enoch: Aw, thanks. Leaving Atlanta will be hard.

@ hj: Haha, I learned all I needed to know about that industry after watching "The Devil Wears Prada."

@ heej: Gee, thanks for that image. It's a toss up, but I think I could befriend snakes. I actually use to play with little garden snakes when I was in like 4th grade. It was really cool to find one in your yard and bring it to school. Roaches, on the other hand, are evil.

@ jane: Yeah! I seem to have a knack for interesting places in the middle of nowhere, but at least I'd be in the middle of two very interesting places.