8.20.2008

Wisconsin

So, I'm here. In Wisconsin. In Stevens Point, to be more specific. It's not what I pictured, really. I'm not sure what exactly I had imagined, but I think I was preparing myself for the worst, just in case. It's a '70's town, for sure, but quite hospitable.

I arrived and met the managing editor at the airport. We chatted on the 40 minute car ride back into town. Mainly rehashing my summer internship, etc. Then I had lunch at a cute little place called The Wooden Chair with the community editor (who, btw, shares the name of an X-Men character - cool or what? I'll leave you to guess which). We actually had a wonderful conversation that was part work/interview-ish, but generally totally enjoyable.

After that, one of the photogs - who's lived here forever - took me on a driving tour of the town. North, south, west, east. Nothing to raise the pulse, but I got a good honest lay of the land. There are a lot of parks here - strange parallel to Gwinnett county...hmmmm.

I took a good long nap after checking into my motel and am now waiting to go to dinner with the ME. Where are the pictures, you ask? They'll be coming soon enough....

No comments: