8.30.2008

The search: to be continued...

The offer was made. The offer was negotiated. I hoped it would be give-and-take. It was not give-and-take. I declined their offer. The only way I could have said yes and made the leap was to be absolutely happy and satisfied with the terms of the agreement. I was not - so I said, "sorry."

BUT...the life of this fledgling little blog continues...isn't that good news? I now continue flinging cover letters and clips every which way across the universe....well, actually that's not entirely true. I'm going to try to be a bit more selective: larger cities, near family and papers with a higher circulation (aiming at 50K+).

Now that the Wisconsin decision is over, I now face another set of choices. Should I continue my search from here, Atlanta? Or should I move home? Should I let myself land somewhere in between?

2 comments:

Jane said...

any other cities/towns in mind?

Eunice said...

My main hope is to land somewhere that I have a family connection. So my prime target cities are the following: Dallas, New York, D.C., Portland, L.A.

But it's hard to be selective as an entry level reporter. Heck, I almost even moved to Wisconsin! But, yeah, I'm aiming to land somewhere around those cities. What about you?