7.11.2009

Snowmen melting

Every so often these past couple weeks, I catch myself dreaming about wearing scarves again. I cannot wait for scarf weather to return. Sharp winds catching bright cheeks. Burrowing deeper into a scarf. Hugging the warmth.

It's been over 105 degrees the majority of the last several weeks. I need relief.

In other news, I've found my alternative calling in case this whole journalism thing flops - painting!

Just kidding, but really I've been doing some serious painting lately, of the HGTV sort. Tomorrow, I'll be going down to Apple Valley with a group of folks to paint inside Dariesa's new house. About three weeks ago, a bunch of us got together to paint the outside of Melody's house. According to some observers, I've got a pretty mean rolling technique. I'm working on honing that skill. Perhaps it can earn me a dollar or two one day. Maybe.

4 comments:

hj said...

I'll know who to call!

enoch said...

i can't wait til winter either. but more than that, i can't wait til fall!! driving with the windows down :)

heej said...

i agree with your first paragraph and enoch's comment. mmmmmmmmmmm wind~
can i buy your paintings? :D

Eunice said...

@ hj: Yup! I'll charge a reasonable fee. Haha.

@ enoch: Yes, driving with windows down sounds great right now. Just three more months to go...

@ heej: I'm actually taking some drawing and painting lessons from a friend, so if I create anything halfway decent, I'll let you know!